Did you know…?

  • A town or district that does not offer grades can tuition students to other schools for those grades.
  • You can tuition students to non-religious private schools.
  • Receiving schools can be in New Hampshire or in neighboring states, like Vermont and Maine.
  • Districts can cap tuition, with the parents paying anything above those caps.
  • The tuition for many private schools is less than tuition for public schools.
  • Town tuitioning has been ongoing in New Hampshire for over 100 years.
  • Some Cooperative districts tuition students to schools in other districts.

Information for Parents

  • You can petition school boards for school choice options, especially if your district schools do not suit your child in some way.
  • You are the best advocate for your children.

Further reading:

Relevant RSAs

Contact us for more info or guidance.